At Comfort Care Dentistry, we are committed to your long term oral health.
Our preventative care team will work with you to create a customised oral hygiene solution to ensure your teeth and gums are kept in optimal condition. Preventative care is very important to your oral health. Neglect to teeth and gums can lead to tooth mobility, tooth decay (caries), halitosis(bad breath), gingivitis and periodontitis.
Apart from the implications to your oral health, periodontitis is also linked to systemic disease including;
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disorders
Preventative care is a key ingredient to a long healthy lifestyle.
At Comfort Care Dentistry, as a part of your preventative care regime we recommend;
- Regular professional check-ups and hygiene care appointments to monitor your overall oral health
- Treat periodondal (gum disease) using deep ultrasonic scaling and root planning
- Offer anesthetic and topical creams for patients with sensitive gums and teeth
- Review various home preventative care products including sonicare/electric brushes, floss, toothpastes, water
- picks and medicated toothpastes
- Recommend Diets low in acids and sugars
- Appropriate water intake